Friday, November 12, 2010

Whacha think about American Lit?

    You ask how’s American Lit for ya? I actually like this class. I really enjoyed Survey Lit during freshmen year and this year I think I’m going to enjoy this class. It’s ironic how both my teachers are coaches on a sport team at Whitney Young (baseball~ and soccer~).
    First of all, the first day of American Lit for me was very calm. I didn’t expect it to be so…. Not hard? Because I wasn’t in school for 3 weeks I was just watching my sister doing Mr. McCarthy’s homework and I was like, wow seems difficult. But thank goodness I came at the right time. I came right when we started the Crucible. That’s one thing I like about the class. Reading very interesting books (maybe not the HTSG). I normally don’t have time to read my own books so reading in class helps my "Reading Skills". (I really enjoyed watching the Crucible movie which helped me and some of us understand more of the story line). I also really like these blogs. Not only do I get to create my own blogs I get to read other peoples thoughts and opinions as well. Although I don't have the best writing skills, this is good practice.
     Secondly, I like my class as a whole. I like the people in it and I also enjoy having Mr. McCarthy as a teacher.
     "Mr. McCarthy!!?"
     "I am."
I feel like my American Lit class has a different atmosphere than any of my other classes. Everyone is really expressive and chilled back. I never really see anyone sleeping in his class either. I can't say this class is perfect but I do have a problem with note taking and then the tests. I've taken one test but it was quite hard. I just hope the way we are note taking and answering questions, is good enough for us when we take those exams or tests.

1 comment: