Thursday, November 4, 2010

My SLA-VERY opinion

My opinion on slavery? You know I always had to study about slavery in Social Studies or World History and I'm actually reading about it now... But my opinion on slavery? I never really had to answer to what I believed was good or bad about it (or my opinion). Of course everyone should say slavery is wrong right? Isn't it cruel that actual human beings are being treated like property where you can be BOUGHT or SOLD and not allowed to run away or escape. Aren't you born to be free? Not under control of a person of higher status or level? All people should believe slavery is wrong, I agree. Of course slavery was good for some slaves depending if your slave owners were kind enough to treat you well and give you an education but still... Even though slavery existed hundreds of years ago, it still existed today. Thankfully it's not as horrifying than before. Slavery still goes on in many countries like Asia and Africa but often consists of women or children sold into slavery as domestic servants or for prostitution.
My last thing to say is I really hate any sort of cruelty especially when someone or something is being treated like an animal or dust. 

        I guess that's it.


2 comments:

  1. Slavery is bad and I agree it sometimes isn't as bad as it was hundreds of years ago. It's just the fact that even though so many countries have gotten rid of slavery, it still occurs in so many places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Slavery hundreds of years ago was wrong, and can't be compared to anything today.

    ReplyDelete