Thursday, December 2, 2010

First Draft of Golden Snowflake competition


 


FYI: I am not good at writing poems so you do have a chance of winning the Golden Snowflake…. Here’s my first draft of my poem. Enjoy. (I couldn’t find a certain style to stick with so I need to edit that)

I stand there, gazing at my entire family.
The announcements from Santa Claus,
the screaming, the laughter, the smiles.
One. Two. Three. Four. Five.
How many gifts are we all going to receive?
Those greedy eyes, those devious fingers.
You want those envelopes don’t you? ($$$)
I stare at the sea of rainbow wrapping paper,
the stack of bows and jungle of ribbons.
You noticed the pile of presents
becoming SMALLER and SMALLER and SMALLER,
but the piles of trash becoming BIGGER and BIGGER and BIGGER.

An hour has passed and the last gift is finally called...
The bottom of the Christmas tree is bare.  
The tree no longer has any envelopes to share.
It’s time to categorize and clean up.
Now there’s no more craziness, everyone has subsided.
I should be cleaning but I just stop and stare.
The song you’ll never get sick of by Mariah Carrey playing in the background. (You know it)
A short glance at the video camera,
I try to look my best and smile.
The camera is gone,
It’s time to reflect.

Remembering the past Christmas’s,
Thinking about how much you’ve changed.
You have new memories and more memories to come.
The thought of Christmas being over
Is never any fun.
But the kisses and the hugs,
The tears and the laughter.
The tons of money you’ve spent but gained.
It is all worth it when you get to have another year.
  
Dear Santa,
I want a puppy, more Neopets, a giant teddy bear and I want a picture of Rudolf.

Dear Santa,
     Can I have money for a new laptop please?

No comments:

Post a Comment