Friday, April 1, 2011

On the res·er·va·tion

     Before reading this blog I have one thing to say.
Mr. McCarthy I highly suggest we have our first field trip to some sort of amazing reservation when the weather gets warmer. That would be great~ Let us take a journey like Thomas and Victor.
According to a online source, an American Indian reservation is an area of land managed by a Native American tribe under the United States Department of the Interior's Bureau of Indian Affairs. The purpose of reservations was to provide the natives homes and land for agriculture.  I must say having your own little land to yourself is quite nice. Unfortunately, many Natives Americans struggled through cruel conditions. Well, that is the way I see it. From watching Smoke Signals (which was a very entertaining movie, “HEY VICTOR”) which took place in Coeur d'Alene Reservation, my views on what a typical Indian reservation shifted a bit. The reservation was not too big which I imagined, there was absolutely no traffic which is a plus, and everyone seemed very conservative.
                To tell you the truth, I was not 100% sure what the point of the movie was besides the fact we are reading about discrimination towards Indians and how they are viewed upon, but I guess after watching this movie I had a good laugh and I had the chance to see another type of reservation. I guess I have to read other people’s blogs and learn more facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment