Thursday, January 6, 2011

* S.S.R.R *

“Children of the Sea” was by far the best story I’ve read so far. After finishing the last journal, I felt though it was a too short for a short story. It would be 1000x better if it were a book. I could read the entries forever if there were more. All the suspense I got was crazy after each and every journal the man and the woman wrote. I literally put down the iPad (I was using it to read the story) and just shook my head. I was disappointed. Disappointed that it was over, not because the ended sucked cough* The Great Gatsby. The books I enjoy to read are books\short stories like “Children of the Sea”. The goal in any author is to catch the reader’s attention and this book definitely kept me going. The fact that these journal entries were never send to both the man and female we very fascinating for me. Through all the entries their love and pain they  expressed was so deep and powerful while I was reading.    
       “To be Young Gifted and Black”, “I Hear America Singing”, “There was a Child Went Forth” and “This Sacred Soil” were all decent. Out of them all I liked the second reading “To Be Young Gifted and Black”. I found it interesting to discover the similarities and differences I had with the narrator. Especially the feelings she had once something occurred in her lifetime. I liked how she always seemed curious and asked herself questions and stated her thoughts she didn’t really understand, like what we all tend to do. The other poems were okay as well. They didn’t really grab my attention so much but they were interesting. There was no suspense or deep emotions (or maybe it was just how I felt about it). I’m not into poems or making my own.
  KRICK? KRACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment