Thursday, September 30, 2010

John Proctor STOOGE or HERO -_o

When we were asked to make a blog about John Proctor and whether or not he was a stooge or a hero, at first I thought. Stooge. Stooge. Stooge. I guess I was just confused... I believed it was John Proctor's fault for having the affair with Abigail in the first place. If he hadn't messed around with her, Abigail wouldn't have wanted to get rid of Elizabeth Proctor and have him for herself. This also meant she wouldn't have done anything "witchcraft" related as a way of getting rid of Elizabeth. My thoughts changed soon after when everyone went to trial. I thought his main goal was to save himself and his wife and just leave Abigail. But, John Proctor had enough of lying and commotion about witchcraft so he did tell Danforth that he had somethin-somethin with Abigail. This is when I found him as a hero. He cleared what he was hiding, which I never believed was possible to confess. But things would of gotten worse. In the end the uproars about witchcraft and the devil seeing the girls couldn’t be stopped. Proctor didn't want this to effect anyone so he lied, saying that he signed with the devil. He was hung. Hero's normally or always sacrifice themselves for their people this is why I believe John Proctor is a hero.     

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I guess I see where you're going although in my blog I disagreed but you make a good point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I also thought John Proctor was a hero.

    ReplyDelete