Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tell-Tale ♥ EDGAAAAA



Everyone has a really good analysis on Tell-Tale Heart but I just think this man is MAD. I read this short story in 6th grade and I already listened to the tape recording so I knew this was a male, but I never learned the exact analysis and meaning behind this.
In my opinion, I thought the narrator was just too paranoid and his disease had got to him. If you look at that eye in the picture, who wouldn’t be afraid! From my source, it says there is a belief that centers on the idea that those who posse the “evil eye” have the power to harm people or their possessions by merely looking at that. I found this very interesting.  What left me confused was the fact that the narrator did not want any of his money and there was no clear explanation why he wanted  to kill him (of course), but  I think his anxiety level became too high. When the narrator heard the old man’s heart beating under the floor, I thought he was just hearing his own heart beat.  
I’m still curious to know if he is telling his story at court or if he has another motive for killing this man, that’s why I’m not that best analyzer. COMMENT if you have any other suggestions.
Merci

No comments:

Post a Comment